Oceana Artsea: Protect Marine Wildlife Through Art!
Artsea is Oceana’s first ever digital art contest in the Philippines. The goal of Artsea is to encourage talented artists to convey the need for protecting the ocean through art.
Contest Title: Oceana Artsea
Contest Type: Digital art contest
Theme: We’re Part of the Solution #ForNature (derived from the International Day for Biological Diversity 2021 theme)
Submission deadline: 11:59 PM (GMT+8, Philippine time) on Friday, June 4, 2021.
Announcement of winners and awarding: World Sea Turtle Day, June 16, 2021 (time to be determined)
Who can join?
- Artsea is open to all Filipinos. There is no age gap. The contest is open to individual participants only.
- This year’s theme is “We’re Part of the Solution #ForNature” and must be ocean conservation related.
- Prescribed resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels with 300 DPI
- Orientation: vertical or horizontal
- File format: JPG or JPEG
- Create an original entry following the theme and given format.
- Accomplish the application form. If your entry is too big, you may just put a link in the form (there will be a question). Please ensure that the link is working.
- Wait for an email confirming the acceptance of your entry. You will receive further updates and instructions.
Judging and Awarding Process
Qualified entries will be posted on the Oceana Philippines Facebook page for online voting, which will run from June 5 to June 13, 2021. Each “heart” and “wow” reaction will count as a vote; “likes” and other reactions will not be counted. The entries will also be evaluated by by a set of judges selected by Oceana. The winners will be announced on Oceana Philippines’ social media accounts on World Sea Turtle Day, June 16, 2021.
All entries will be judged and scored based on this criteria:
- 20%- online voting results
- 80%- votes from Oceana’s panel of judges
– 50%- overall look and impact
– 30%- adherence to the theme
– 20%- originality
1st Prize: Php 10,000 gift certificate for art materials
2nd Prize: Php 5,000 gift certificate for art materials
3rd Prize: Php 3,000 gift certificate for art materials
The winning entries may also be used by Oceana for information, education, and communications materials either in print or social media. The creators will be properly credited.