Social Media Specialist
The social media specialist will be responsible for the development of social media strategies that is extensive, effective and integrated to Oceana’s campaign goals and target audiences. To manage Oceana Philippines presence on a wide range of social media channels.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that outlines how visibility and traffic in Oceana Philippines’ social media accounts will be increased;
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media;
- Define key performance indicators and implement monitoring and evaluation of social media campaigns;
- Create compelling social media content for digital platforms and systematically grow Oceana’s digital community and strengthen and deepen the engagement of our audience across all platforms
- Coordinate the creation of engaging video content which performs well on various social media channels
- Regularly come up with ideas for engaging social media content and campaigns, working with relevant colleagues to assess relevance and feasibility.
- Work closely with the Communications Director on the effective marketing and seeding of video content
- Monitor and moderate social media channels, flagging risk and opportunities to deepen engagement
- Identify new digital tools and best practices and how these can be most effectively applied to deepen engagement with supporters of Oceana
- Keep track of efforts and activities of other Oceana offices worldwide
- Identify tools and work with consultants help measure and report on social media efforts
- Coordinate social media projects and campaigns as required, working closely with relevant communications colleagues, other teams, and offices worldwide to develop joint digital initiatives
- Liaise and work with graphic designers and agencies as needed, to produce visuals, infographics and apps for digital campaigns
- Mentor and provide training to campaign staff in the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks;
- Develop and implement well informed, cross-platform social media and digital marketing strategies/plans and support management to make informed decisions regarding digital strategy
- Support other teams in HQ as needed and develop guidance documents and lead trainings when required
- Participate in and represent the team at relevant conferences and events
- Active participation in campaign, communications planning, capacity building and social media strategy
- Assist in preparation of internal reports for the Board of Directors and foundations
- Maintain secrecy and confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Other duties as assigned
Education and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, marketing, public relations.
- At least 3 years of communication or advocacy campaign experience with social media in a professional capacity (executing/managing a company’s social media efforts) preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in social media campaign
Skills and knowledge
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously, with speed, accuracy and courtesy. Must show initiative and exhibit an exceptional level of insightful planning skills and understanding of abstract concepts.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills in English and fluency in local national language, Tagalog. Other languages will be considered an asset.
- Experience in developing, implementing and optimizing advance social media marketing tactics and strategies
- Adept at using a wide range of social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumbler, Pinterest
- Experience with blogging and knowledge of best practices
- Experience with social media monitoring technology and use of social media measurement.
- Experience in reporting on quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Proven ability to present and communicate new projects to a varied audience
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities within specified timeframes
- Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation, and ability to relate to a young audience.
- Strong awareness of social media communication behaviors.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time.
- Above average skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Above average skills using Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems.
- Ability to accommodate a varied workload in a fast-paced campaign environment. Flexible and collaborative member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Occasional irregular hours and travel will be required.
Those interested may send their resume to - firstname.lastname@example.org