Oceana is the largest international advocacy organization dedicated solely to ocean conservation. Oceana is rebuilding abundant and bio-diverse oceans by winning science-based policies in countries that control one third of the world’s wild fish catch. With over 100 victories that stop overfishing, habitat destruction, pollution and killing of threatened species like turtles and sharks, Oceana’s campaigns are delivering results. A restored ocean means that one billion people can enjoy a healthy seafood meal, every day, forever. Together, we can save the oceans and help feed the world. Visit www.oceana.org and ph.oceana.org, to learn more.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the annual communications plan across media networks in collaboration with the Oceana team and constituents for each campaign/activity/goal
- Takes the lead in generating online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Determines proper message audiences, dissemination channels and appropriate time to release communications
- Establishes communication road maps to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Effectively, consistently and continuously engages local, national and international media contacts
- Works with Oceana teams, organizational services, and international offices as needed to promote organizational priorities and objectives
- Serves as a first point of contact for external inquiries
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral materials including, but not limited to newsletters, press releases, brochures, marketing collaterals, letters, press kits, announcements and the website
- Supervises, motivates and mentors staff in social media, events and marketing, and communications
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have at least 10 years of communications experience, ideally in an in-house leadership role within a complex nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, partners, consultants and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, marketing, public relations
- 10 years of communications experience, with at least 6 years’ experience in leading, motivating, mentoring diverse communication project teams/direct reports
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with vendors, partners, and internal customers
- Experience in managing vendor/partner relationships
- Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Experience working with volunteers/interns is desirable
- Has a wide network of media practitioners (radio, television, print, social media)
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]